Enantioselective additions of organometallic compounds to carbonyl compound derivatives
Title: "Enantioselective additions of organometallic compounds to carbonyl compound derivatives"
Main researcher 1: Miguel Yus Astiz
Main researcher 2: Francisco Foubelo García
Type: R & D Project
Start date: 01/01/2015
End date: 31/12/2017 (extended until 30/09/2018)
Total granted: €127.050,00
ERDF total available: €127.050,00
Sponsor Agency: Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness with ERDF funds and funds from the General State Budget (PGE)
The presented proposal deals with the development of new procedures for the addition of organometallic reagents to carbonyl compounds and its derivatives, if possible with high chemical yields and stereoselectivities. In addition, these methodologies should be environmentally friendly (green chemistry) and efficient in terms of mass balance (atom economy).
Objetives of the project:
1. Substituted allylic halides and olefins as allylating reagents of carbonyl compounds and imines.
2. Study of the palladium-catalyzed coupling reactions of allenylic and propargylic alcohols with N-tert-butanesulfinyl imines.
3. Development of new reagents for the homoallylation of carbonyl compounds and imines.
4. Study of the reaction of functionalized nitrocompounds and N-tert-butanesulfinyl imines.
5. Synthesis and study of the reactivity of N-tert-butanesulfinyl azide.
Department of Organic Chemistry
Universidad de Alicante Facultad de Ciencias, Fase I Carretera de San Vicente del Raspeig S/N 03690 San Vicente del Raspeig Alicante (Spain)